Schools in Ahwiaa in the Kwabre East district of the Ashanti region have been closed down as a result of renewed clashes between some Zongo youth and Asante youth on Monday, 19 March 2018.
On Monday, parents were seen rushing to schools to pick up their wards as police officers also conveyed pupils from their schools to their homes.
The District Chief Executive (DCE) for the area Nana Osei Bonsu said the move has become necessary to protect the pupils from any attacks until the matter is resolved.
Musah, a 24 year old died as a result of the melee with two others sustaining serious machete wounds.
Fifty-one people have so far been arrested and will be arraigned today.
The police have beefed up security in the area.
The bloody clashes in Ahwiaa began last month with the factions attacking each other with machetes, broken bottles and other weapons after the townsfolk had prevented the Zongo youth from participating in the burial and funeral rites of a deceased lady.
Police said they are yet to unravel the cause of the renewed mayhem in the community.